Monday, February 16, 2009

The day we found out

It was Monday, February 2nd, and the day started out like every other day: I woke up early for work and I left as Josh was still sleeping. (Yeah, I'm jealous.) So anyways, I had a doctor's appointment in the afternoon to get my eyes checked & was given a prescription for some eye drops. I filled the prescription right after the appointment & quickly put one drop in each eye after getting the medicine. On my way to work, I read the little pamphlet that came in the box and it said something about pretty much NOT using the eye drops if you're pregnant. Hmmm, I was a couple of days late at this point, but still wasn't thinking I was pregnant. (I'm not always on time.) Just in case though, I decided not to use anymore eye drops until I took a home pregnancy test....

Later that night on the way to dinner, I told Josh I was going to take a test when we got home, just to be on the safe side. He understood my concern, but like me, still wasn't thinking I could be pregnant.

When we got home, as he turned on the TV, I said I was going upstairs to take the test. After reading the directions & taking the test, I set it upside down on the counter for the 3 minute wait. I went back downstairs since the show we watch (Trust Me) had just started. At the first commercial break, Josh took my hand, we both took a deep breath and we went upstairs.

Standing in the bathroom, staring at the upside-down Clearblue Easy test on the counter, he asked me if I wanted him to look at it and just tell me, or if I wanted us both to look at it at the same time. I chose both of us at the same time. He took another deep breath, grabbed the test, and flipped it over. OMG, it says PREGNANT! He brought it closer to our eyes, in case we both just missed the "NOT" in front of Pregnant. Nope, it wasn't there! Oh my gosh!!! We're pregnant! (By the way, I don't think I've ever seen my husband's eyes get that big!) I immediately started crying and covered my mouth to keep from screaming! Yeah, kinda like how I did when Josh proposed. :o) We both kept staring at each other and then back at the positive test. Is this for real!?!?! Does it really say pregnant?!?!

After about another hour or so of "This is crazy" and "Holy crap, we're pregnant" we decided to wait before telling our parents. Hehe, no, not because we were scared, but because we wanted to be sure we really were. I was already scheduled for a regular doctor's visit on Thursday, so we would wait to confirm the pregnancy with the doctor.

For you parents out there, what was your first reaction when you found out you were pregnant?

No comments:

Post a Comment