Monday, February 23, 2009

Telling My Parents

Let's see here....so back to the week we found out. Remember, we had agreed not to tell anyone until we confirmed it at the doctor's? Well, Josh couldn't keep it a complete secret & he ended up telling one of his friends. Kinda cute that he couldn't wait to tell someone. So anyways, after the doctor's appointment on Thursday, February 5th, as we were driving to lunch, we called my parents. My mom answered. I was soooo excited to hear her voice, but I tried to remain calm so I wouldn't just blurt it out. I asked her if my dad was nearby and she said sure. Then she asked if she should give him the phone & leave the room. "No, mom, I'm not trying to talk to dad about you." hehe....I told her to put it on speaker phone & I think she then got suspicious....like, hmmmm, whyyyyyyyyy? She did anyways and then we could hear my dad on the phone too. Josh said hi to them and then my dad thanked us for the Christmas gifts.

(Side note: yes, Christmas gifts. yes, it was already February. I procrastinated a bit getting them in the mail.)

Okay, back to the story. Josh said you're welcome to them & then he added "We actually have one more gift for you guys." My mom replied (you can still hear the suspicion in her voice) "Oh, yeah?"

"Yeah, but it's going to be awhile again," I said. "We're pregnant!"

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!" My mom & dad were screaming & crying; it was so exciting!!! I honestly can't remember much of what was said after that, but I do remember the emotions. :o) It was so incredible to tell my parents that they were going to be grandparents! Grandma Patty & Grandpa Eloy! Or maybe Nana Patty & Papa Loy. Or maybe whatever our baby grows up to call them. Their grand-baby! Wow!

And it would still be another full day before telling Josh's parents... Did I mention we were waiting till Friday to tell them? It was Val's birthday...and we think an announcement of a new grand-baby on the way would be QUITE the birthday gift!

No comments:

Post a Comment